Wednesday 16 September 2015

Sunflowers in Spain

A few days ago, or was it yesterday? time has a funny habit of meaning nothing while we are on holiday, Pauline and Brian came over for lunch and we then played cards. It was really nice seeing them again.

My Once Persian Tile crochet blanket has had another pattern added that was released on Sunday. So I am completely up to date. I thought this was an ideal time to block it, so grabbed my foam boards and pins and made it as square as I could. Next I sprinkled water all over it until it was pretty well soaking. The final process was to put it out in the 31 degree heat to dry. It is now looking fairly square and will have to wait until we get back to England for the next instalment.

Back to my Spanish wool sunflower, wow I am having to learn some new techniques and all with no YouTube video help! After completing the main section I added a border of stitches from the ATB CAL and I must say I am pretty please with it. I plan to make it into a little cushion I think.

With left over wool I made a couple of daisy flowers for a banner from a free pattern on Ravelry. The first one seems to have too many petals but who's counting?

 

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...