Friday 24 July 2015

Poppy Patch sit-n-sew

First thing in the morning I had nothing ready to take to the regular sit-n-sew day at Poppy Patch.
The large quilt I am working on is too bulky to take, plus I like to take my Singer Featherweight sewing machine as it is not too heavy to carry.
A search through the pile of UFO's I found four machine embroidered panels that had been laying there unloved. I also wanted to have a go making another hat, the first three I made do not fit !
I grabbed wadding and matching fabrics to the machine embroidered panels threw in some fabric for my fourth hat trial and off I went.
Great day, I managed to make three bags from the  four panels I took, the fourth is cut out ready to sew. The hat is still a little too big but I can live with it.
Hat ideal for when I am sewing outside in the sun!

Panels machine embroidered for Halloween last year but now made into bags ready for this year

A machine embroidery experiment turned into a little bag to give as a present to someone.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...