Sunday 8 March 2015

Out of my comfort zone

Saturday a friend and I went to Bedford Sewing & Quilting day. It is always a day we really enjoy.

They had changed the format and the speaker, Empress Mills, was in the morning with workshops in the afternoon.
Christine the Speaker was excellent, telling us about all the different threads they sell, in fact so much knowledge it was hard to retain it in my 70 year old brain! I really like some of their batting and vilene, but I resisted buying any more than a couple of reels of thread I needed.

There were five mini workshops on offer in the afternoon. Penny and I chose to do the workshop Shirley Nash offered, a Raised Embroidered Hedgehog.
This type of fine embroidery is way out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed working in the tiny hoop with a single thickness of embroidery thread. I still have work to do, lots of french knots, to finish it. I will then probably mount it in a card.
Can you tell its a hedgehog?

1 comment:

Christa said...

Yes, I can. Definitely a hedgehog. Great job!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...