Friday 12 December 2014

13 Sleeps to Christmas

I love this little Nativity set, made entirely on my Embroidery Machine. Each figure has a small light inside and they look pretty at night.

Today was Christmas Tree Day and we bought a Fraser Fir from Homebase, which is suppose to be the least likely to drop its needles [ we'll wait and see about that!] but it has the most wonderful smell, almost like Balsam. Chris cut off the 5cm recommended from the base and it is sitting in a water container, he was also in charge of the lights. I started decorating with things I have made and home made items I have been given, these are always my favourite as they bring back so many memories. I then added the glass baubles that are now very old and fragile. Final addition was the tree skirt made with applique trees and reindeer.
All the decorations are up and now with the tree ready and the food on order I think I am about ready to start enjoying Christmas.

Opps I've cut the fairies head off in the photo!


1 comment:

Christa said...

Love your tree and love the memories. That's what we decorate with too (memories).
Love your nativity. May I ask where you found the pattern?

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...