Wednesday 26 February 2014

The start of an orchard ?

This morning Chris and I went to Aldi and bought two apple trees, a Braburn and Bramley.  I have two large pots with nothing in them and a large bag of compost doing nothing, so other than the £3.99 each for the trees I thought they were worth trying to grow.  My gardening skills these days amount to "it has two chances" which means whatever I plant will either grow or it wont. I do not have the time or energy to spend long in the garden so everything has to take pot luck, and I must admit most things do OK left to their own devices.  We had a really bumper crop of raspberries last year and even in the hottest weather I did not water them once, they were planted with their roots under polythene and this was covered in a bark mulch.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Ah, ALDI. We had one in Paducah (still there but we are not) and there is one in Nashville not far from our place (yeah!). Now there is talk that we will get one here too. So looking forward to it. Good luck with your Orchard!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...