Saturday 15 February 2014

Life is Beautiful a new project

The project
Having seen on someones blog that they were making the project called Life is Beautiful, I decided I would like to make this. It took me quite a while to locate the pattern, but finally found someone in the USA selling it. It consists for a journal format to make 32 embroidered blocks in circles to applique onto four patch squares. Each block has a saying on it.





A box of hexies

Starting the embroidery
 A couple of years ago I bought a box full of ready made hexagons, I felt sorry for them as no one wanted them and I thought of all the work that had gone into making them.

My version


I have now decided to put the two things together and will use the hexagons to outline the embroidery into a small quilt.
I have chosen two variegated, green and brown, DMC threads to work the embroideries. Each embroidered circle is backed with fusible Pellon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's ambitious. It will be very nice and special when you are done. Very different too. Looking forward to witness your progress. Christa

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...